When it comes to money matters, young parents who are just starting out have a lot to juggle: They may be paying off student debt and saving for their first home, all while raising kids. They must also think about their financial future by learning how to buy microsoft stock, diversifying their investment portfolio, and consulting with an advisor. But it’s also a time when young families may be the most financially vulnerable should the unexpected strike. To ensure that they have financial protection when they need it most, purchasing a life insurance policy should be top of mind. Whilst some people might not settle for less than the best life insurance UK, others barely give it a second thought.
Here are five reasons why young families need life insurance:
- You just never know. While it’s not the most pleasant thing to ponder, an emergency situation could quickly put your family’s finances under water. In fact, only 40 percent of Americans have enough savings to cover an unexpected $1,000 expense. And when you’re starting out, not having protection in case something happens to a family’s breadwinner is even scarier.(1)
- The earlier you opt in, the more affordable it is. Because age is one of the factors that affects the cost of your premiums, the younger you are when you purchase a policy, the less you’ll be paying each year.
- The increasing costs of funeral expenses mean that families are spending more and more on funerals. Even if a loved one choses to have a cost-effective funeral, perhaps by buying one of these Batesville caskets for sale, the expense can still be in the thousands. Although not many people want to think about their funerals, and how it may impact their families financially, life insurance could help cover some of the costs your family may encounter.
- It may not be as expensive as you think. If you’re on a budget and are convinced you can’t afford life insurance, consider term life insurance. It guarantees protection for a set amount of time provided premiums are paid when due. Since it’s not designed to last a lifetime, the annual premiums are considerably lower when you are younger.
- It lets you concentrate on other goals. Once you have the peace of mind and financial protection that life insurance grants you, you may feel secure enough to fund long-term goals, like buying a home, saving for your nest egg, or going back to school.
- You can always upgrade at a later date. Don’t let the fear of making the wrong decision deter you from purchasing a policy now. The policy you purchase today isn’t intended to be set in stone. As your family’s needs change, you have the option of considering other policies.
We know it’s not easy for young families to make their life insurance needs a priority, given all their competing financial obligations. However, permanent life insurance is a vehicle for protection that is not only affordable, but can also help families accumulate cash value and can ultimately propel them toward reaching both their immediate and far-reaching goals. Any young families that are looking for life insurance jacksonville fl, or wherever they may be, should not delay in taking out a policy.
(1)Annie Nova, “A $1,000 Emergency Would Push Many Americans into Debt,” CNBC, January 23, 2019.
This educational, third-party article is provided as a courtesy by Michael J. Stahl, ChFC , LUTCF , High Point Financial Group, LLC. To learn more about the information or topics discussed, please contact Mike at 303-941-8588 or email@example.com High Point Financial Group, LLC is not owned or operated by New York Life or its affiliates.