Civility represents the quality of our behavior with others in our community. Civility is a collection of positive behaviors that produce feelings of respect, dignity, and trust. We all carry an immense amount of pride around Arvada, and while we don’t always agree on the HOW, the reality is we want the community to thrive.
“The Arvada Way”
This civility pledge is a commitment to fostering a climate of open discussion, mutual respect, and tolerance between all who live in, work in, and visit Arvada.
- We will treat each other equally and with respect, no matter the circumstances.
- We will listen and keep an open mind, even if we don’t agree with opposing views.
- We are willing to be vulnerable and share our viewpoints.
- We are willing to be wrong and will own it.
- We will strive to build goodwill, friendship, and opportunities for inclusion.
- We will commit to truth-oriented behaviors and protect facts.
- We will respect the rules and regulations of a place without contempt.
- We will commit ourselves to education and the history of issues.
- We will address incivility without judgment.
- We welcome feedback and growth.
TAKE THE PLEDGE BELOW AND PASS IT ON!