The Arvada Chamber 2020 Business Summit is coming up on November 18 from 9am – 2pm. This year’s conference features a half-day of fun and innovative topics to help Arvada business professionals continue to thrive. Below are five reasons you can’t miss this event!
1. The Summit is designed for 2020’s unique business climate
This year continues to present numerous, unprecedented challenges for Arvada business owners and employees to navigate. Businesses had to drop real-life events and contact someone like We & Goliath to help them arrange virtual events. These virtual events have shown to be very successful so we thought we would give it a go too! The sessions and speakers at the 2020 Business Summit have been selected to specifically help you increase your capacity and opportunity to succeed today. In our sessions, be inspired by stories from local businesses that have innovated in 2020 and get marketing, technology and leadership tips to power you into 2021.
2. The virtual platform offers networking and hours of bonus content
As a virtual event, attendees this year will be able to take advantage of our Map Dynamics platform, providing access to interact with other attendees and presenters, speed network between sessions, and view recordings of both keynotes and six breakout sessions after the event! Meaning, with your $49 registration, you can watch eight hours of engaging business education at your own convenience. That is only about $6 – or the price of a fruit smoothie – per session.
3. Morning keynote speaker: best-selling author Rahaf Harfoush
Rahaf Harfoush is a strategist, digital anthropologist and author who focuses on the intersections of emerging technology, innovation and digital culture. She teaches “Innovation and Emerging Business Models” at SciencePo’s School of Management and Innovation in Paris. Harfoush’s best-selling 2019 book “Hustle and Float” reveals how the merge of disruptive technologies and centuries-old beliefs about work creates tension for workers in the idea economy — and what organizations need to do to help their creatives thrive.
4. The 2020 Economic Update for Metro Denver
The event’s afternoon keynote will feature the much-anticipated annual economic update from Patty Silverstein. Silverstein is the president of Development Research Partners, a Jefferson County-based company specializing in economic research and real estate analysis. She has provided research and support for economic development efforts in Colorado and across the country since 1989. Looking ahead to 2021, this presentation will discuss current and projected economic growth trends at the national, state, and seven-county Metro Denver level.
5. Hear from some of Colorado’s most successful CEOs at Lessons from the Corner Office
At the 10:00 am Breakout Session, hear from the below executive leaders about the keys to fostering innovation and growth in any environment.
- Shawn Edwards, Founder and Managing Director of Mindsight, formerly the Director of Marketing at White Wave, Microsoft, Clorox and Kraft Foods
- Jerry Marks, Owner and President Custom Environmental Services
- Barbara Stevens, President and Owner of Foundation To Grow, Previously Chief Operating Officer of ReadyTalk and Closetbox
- Jason Gordon, President and CEO of Sheffield Homes