?No matter what you?re selling, no matter what your company does, if you don?t have a video marketing strategy for the biggest marketing platforms, you are going to lose.??
– Gary Vaynerchuk, Digital Marketing and Social Media expert
Video is everywhere. And with YouTube as the #2 search engine behind Google, video will continue its rapid growth as the medium of choice to effectively communicate with the audiences businesses and organizations want to reach.
The statistics about the use of video in marketing today are on the rise:
- 81% of businesses used video marketing in 2019, up from 63% in 2018
- One minute of video = 1.8 Million words
- 55% of people watch videos online everyday
- 67% of millennials say they can find a YouTube video on anything they want to learn
Video is so powerful because it taps into human emotions while also increasing search engine optimization (SEO) across the web. Certain Affordable London SEO Services may make use of video content to help drive more traffic to a particular website. Business owners continue to integrate video into their marketing tactics because:
- Stickiness – People spend more time on websites with good videos
- Search – Video helps you get found online in search engines
- Sales – Video can make a sale 24/7/365
But before you hit record, have a plan. First of all decide if you’re going to use a video production company or attempt to tackle the task yourself. There is a lot to consider if you choose the latter, for example it is a good idea to increase your search engine optimization, you may want to consider incorporating other methods too. By getting in touch with a company like orlando seo consultant, they will be able to further help your business become a success.
What type of Video Should I Make?
Think about the message you want to send and the type of video you are making. Generally, there are four types of videos businesses will make:
- Introductory – Communicates your business/organization?s story
- Awareness – High entertainment value and broad appeal
- Educational – Targeting current/potential customers about your service/product
- Engagement – Spark a reaction, like, comment, share on social media
Explore these types of videos from Aja Frost- ?15 Types of Video Content Every Marketer Should Know?
Know your Audience
Take a moment to look at your customer data, study their demographics and think about how they want to be communicated with.
- Maturists: Born 1928 -1945?
- Baby Boomers: Born 1946 -1960?
- Generation X: Born 1961-1980?
- Millennials (Gen Y): Born 1981-1995?
- Post-Millennials (Gen Z): Born 1995-Present
Have a Distribution Plan
Know where you are going to place and how you are going to distribute your video once complete. Social media should not be the only place, but a part of your overall marketing strategy. Facebook, Instagram and YouTube are the top three places, but don?t forget about your website, your customer contact lists and other marketing tactics, such as a full-scale marketing campaign, to distribute the content you produced and get your message out.
You Made a Video – Now what?
- Upload your video to platforms with keyword tags that improve SEO
- Give the video a name that is easy to search
- Describe the video content with keywords
- Integrate video to your website
Camera Pro Tips:
- If using a smartphone, hold the phone horizontally when recording. And no zooming!
- Get a holder for your device(s) and use a tripod- like the Manfrotto Compact Action Tripod and Manfrotto Universal Smartphone Clamp
- Use a lavalier microphone to improve your sound quality – such as the Professional Lavalier Microphone by RockDaMic
- Frame the eyes of your video subject in top 1/3rd of screen, and cheat left/right in that top 1/3rd of screen
- Avoid windows, check lighting and minimize distracting noises. Set the phone to Airplane or Do Not Disturb mode
- Save your recording to a safe storage place and make a copy to edit the final product
Mountain Media Production Top 6 Things to Remember:
- Video is powerful and continually growing
- Know your audience
- Tap into emotions, moving people to act
- Production quality matters – Video quality and Sound
- Keep your video concise (1-2 minutes)
- Explore video advertising
Chris Woodley of Mountain Media Production Co., and Katie Winner of For The Win Communications are proud members of the Arvada Chamber of Commerce and offer a full range of services for all your video marketing needs. If you?re interested in completing your own Arvada Chamber Spotlight Video, click this link to learn more about a special deal just for you.