HOSTING A RIBBON CUTTING
Reasons for Hosting a Ribbon Cutting:
- New Business to Arvada
- New Location for your business
- Business Remodel
- BIG Anniversary
- Business is under NEW Ownership
What to Expect:
- Ribbon Cuttings are held on Mondays at 4:15 p.m.
- We work to book ribbon cuttings 4 weeks out to allow for ample time to promote and notify the appropriate people.
- 15-20 guests. We invite our Ambassadors, Board of Directors, City Employees and City Council. Attendance will vary depending on attendees’ schedules.
- We also include details of your ribbon cutting in our weekly newsletter (distribution of 2800 people).
- Sam’s Club of Arvada donates a celebratory cake. Please provide us with a high resolution JPEG of your logo so we can put in on the cake.
- We will arrive at 4:00 p.m. with the ribbon & scissors and take your ribbon cutting photo at 4:15 p.m.
- Your photo will be featured on social media and in our Grandviews newsletter. Everyone is welcome to be in the photo!
- A member of the Arvada Chamber of Commerce will welcome you to the Chamber and business community.
- A City representative will give a short speech and invite you to share a few words about your organization.
- Attendee’s usually stay and mingle for about 15-30 minutes.
How to Prepare:
Take full advantage of this opportunity to showcase your business. Ex: Give tours, demonstrations, have key employees on hand to answer questions about the organization.
- Complete the attached form so we can schedule your big day – we will confirm a date upon the completion of the form.
- Provide a high resolution JPEG of your logo.
- Provide forks, plates, and napkins for the cake.
- Invite friends and family – the more the merrier!
- Some hosts choose to offer refreshments but it is not mandatory.
- Have fun and enjoy your moment in the spotlight!
Click HERE to fill out and submit a Ribbon Cutting Request Form!