The Arvada Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with an action team of education, business and non-profit partners, created this Work-Based Learning Toolkit to help guide businesses through the terminology, data, roles, benefits and action steps of work-based learning (WBL). WBL connects local students and adults with businesses in an intentional way to engage in real-world work experiences. This equitable, flexible approach to hands-on industry experience is designed to upskill the community’s talent pipeline to directly serve the academic, technical and social needs of the local economy.
WORK-BASED LEARNING TOOLKIT: PART 1
- An introduction to WBL
- WBL by the numbers
- Business outcomes
- Student and community outcomes
- Steps to get started with WBL
- Local resources
WORK-BASED LEARNING TOOLKIT: PART 2
- A checklist to prepare your workplace for WBL
- Risk and liability mitigation tips
- Advice for working with students, adults, and people with disabilities
- Next steps and reflection pointers after your WBL experience
- Free and local resources
READY TO GET STARTED WITH WORK-BASED LEARNING?
Fill out the work-based learning interest form here.
This interest form, created by the Arvada Chamber of Commerce, will help us best align our efforts with your needs. Once completed, a chamber staff member will be in touch with the next steps on your WBL engagement.