B.O.L.D. 2026 (BOLD – Big Opportunities for Leaders to Deliver) is a five-year regional economic strength and resiliency initiative of the Arvada Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber developed BOLD 2026 in consultation with private and public sector leaders and partners in Arvada, Jefferson / Adams Counties, Metro Denver and the state of Colorado.
Strengthen the business environment to ensure economic opportunity for all.
We will ensure elected leaders who effectively represent business interests in legislative and policy matters at the local, regional, state and national levels.
B.O.L.D. 2026 – Advocacy
Government-imposed financial and regulatory burdens.
- State policy decisions have created costly, labor-intensive challenges for businesses as they work to comply; recently passed legislation includes: Paid Family Leave (Prop 118); Energy Performance for Buildings (HB21-1286); Insurance Premium Property Sales Severance Tax (HB21-1312); and increasing the minimum wage standard across the state
- In its 2021 “Top States for Business” ranking, CNBC rated Colorado relatively high overall, BUT in the:
- “Business Friendly” category, CNBC ranked CO #29 and gave the state a grade of “C”
- “Cost of Doing Business” category, CNBC ranked CO #38 and gave the state a grade of “D+”
- In 2021, the Arvada Chamber opposed 61% (11/18) of business regulation bills because of their inevitable negative impact on business
- Candidates and elected officials (at all levels of government) do not have the information they need to have a full view of the implications for business of various policy and legislative decisions
Opposition to growth.
- Coordinated citizen opposition has created an environment that will be recognized as anti-business by developers and business prospects
- Frequent lack of pro-business voice in community growth conversations and public meetings
Catalyze a coordinated regional approach to improve our business environment through advocacy
- Advocacy KAPS Council
- Jefferson County Business Lobby
- Champions Program
Increase policy leader engagement with the business community
- Meet your local elected officials (Coming Soon!)
- Advocacy After Hours – March 30
- Elected Official Bootcamp (Coming Soon!)
Monitor and Influence Local and State Policy Decisions that impact businesses and our economy
- Legislative bill tracker
- Business Advocacy Engagement Form
Updates and Resources
Make Your Business Thrive By Building An Adaptive Team by Kelsey Ashton, Jefferson County Public Library
In today’s fast-paced and uncertain world, it’s increasingly important for organizations to have an adaptable team -- One that can handle the pressure of disruption and adjust to changing circumstances. As important as adaptability is, it isn’t a skill we’re born...
5 Ways to Build a Collaborative Team by Jefferson County Public Library
Collaboration is an essential ingredient for a successful business and an effective team. Yet, a collaborative work environment doesn’t just create itself. Below are 5 tips you can implement right now to beginbuilding a collaborative work culture. 1. Collaboration...
How To Compete In Today’s Market – A Recruiters Top 7 Guide by Jon Drogheo, MEd-HR, Jefferson Center for Mental Health
There are thousands of job seekers in the market place right now and many are competing for the job you have applied to or want to apply to. When you submit your resume someone, and it is a someone, is reading what you sent. In addition, they, we, are looking at other...
B.O.L.D. 2026 Goals
Grow Your Talent
Grow our talent to meet the needs of employers and job seekers.
Increase Stock of Workforce Housing
Increase the stock of workforce housing to ensure workers can attain housing within reasonable proximity to their jobs.
Increase Childcare Capacity
Increase Childcare Capacity to enable caregivers to join / rejoin the workforce and give children the quality early learning experience they need to thrive.
Strengthen Business Environment: Advocacy
Ensure elected leaders effectively represent business interests in legislative and policy matters at the local, regional, state and national levels.
Strengthen Business Environment: Entrepreneurship
Increase our ability to provide direct one-on-one support and broader collective resources to all businesses.