B.O.L.D. 2026 is a five-year regional economic strength and resiliency initiative of the Arvada Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber developed BOLD 2026 in consultation with private and public sector leaders and partners in Arvada, Jefferson / Adams Counties, Metro Denver and the state of Colorado. Below is a monthly update on initiative outcomes for investors, members, Champions, and the community.
April 2023 Highlights
Talent KAPS Council Announced
We recently announced our Talent KAPS Council to ensure Arvada and Jefferson / Adams Counties develop, retain, and attract the skilled workers needed by area employers. KAPS stands for Kick-Ass Problem Solvers and the business and community leaders on this council will work diligently to ensure a competitive advantage for area employers through quality workers that grow our economic base and lead to a thriving economy for all.
Mayor Williams Gives Farewell State of the City Address
Mayor Marc Williams gave his final State of the City address on Friday, April 21, 2023, walking nearly 200 local elected officials, business leaders and citizens through a timeline of the city improvements, challenges and other milestones that mark his 12 years in the mayor’s seat and the more than 10 years he previously served as councilmember at large. The Mayor touched on developments in business growth, housing, transportation, and more.
Arvada-area Middle School Students Compete in Civics Bee Competition
On April 18th, Middle school students from Arvada-area schools competed in the 2023 National Civics Bee regional competition. The event was hosted by the Arvada Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Colorado Chamber of Commerce and the Civic Trust of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
Students competed with their peers in a live quiz event and answered questions from judges to test their civics knowledge. The top three finalists from the Arvada competition will have the chance to participate in the state-level competition hosted by the Colorado Chamber of Commerce in Denver on May 19, 2023.
JCBL Day at the Capitol 2023
On April 6, the Arvada Chamber partnered with the Jefferson County Business Lobby for JCBL Day at the Capitol 2023. Our member businesses, Jefferson County Business Lobby partners, and Jeffco legislators participated in this unique opportunity to tour the Capitol.
The Latest Content
- April 3 | Local Business Trends Snapshot | First Edition 2023
- April 4 | 3 Common Mistakes and 3 Simple Morale Boosters for Team Engagement
- April 10 | AVi Redefines Affordable Housing’s Community Impact
- April 11 | Tackling Talent Challenges: Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning National Association
- April 12 | Navigating Business: Building a Stronger Talent System for the Future
- April 18 | 4 Ways You Can Engage with Talent Development in Jeffco This Month
- April 24 | B.O.L.D. Bites: Three Things to Know About RRCC’s Early Childhood Education Program
- April 25 | Spring Into Growing Your Talent Pipeline: Job Ads and Application Process Tips
- April 27 | Arvada Chamber Surpasses B.O.L.D. 2026 Investment Goal
- April 28 | Colorado Land Use Bill: This Land is Whose Land?
- April 28 | JCBL Legislative Update | April 28, 2023
- May 8 | Colorado Land Use Bill: Opposition Statement
- May 9 | B.O.L.D. Bites: 3 Key Insights From Common Sense Institute Construction Report
- May 16 | 6 Skills-Based Hiring Lessons to Bolster Your Talent Pipeline
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- May 19 at Revive Church | Legislative Session Recap
- June 7 | B.O.L.D. 2026 Q2 Investor Briefing
- June 16 at Revive Church | State of Education
- June 29 at West Woods Golf Club | Advocacy After Hours